Wallpaper, glue for upholstery, skirting and borders.
Brush and roller, scissors and cutter, brush, plumb line, tape measure, upholstery table
Patience and care
To upholster a room you need to arm yourself with patience and try to be precise in execution.
Work is not particularly difficult but without these conditions you can get poor results.
- We need to cut the sheets for a length equal to that from the ceiling to the floor plus 10 cm.
- Draw a vertical reference line using the plumb line.
- Lay the sheet on a plane and apply the glue, wait a few minutes so that the paper is spread and apply it following the reference line.
- It is important to leave a strip of 5 cm untreated with glue both on top and bottom, and then roll out the second sheet.
- It is important that the second sheet overlaps the first one for 1-2 cm.
- Pass the roll along the overlay to facilitate gluing.
- With an upholstery brush, the air bubbles formed between the paper and the wall are eliminated.
- At an edge it is good to cut the sheet a few cm after.
- Precisely eliminate the abundances with a sharp cutter and reposition the electrical controls.