leveled floors and without cracks
- Unroll the carpet on the surface to be covered, considering that the carpet strips should be laid perpendicular to the prevailing lighting direction, so that they are less visible. You can then cut the carpet along the edges with a very sharp cutter, leaving a certain "abundance" at the edges.
- Using a wooden strip, you can then smooth it carefully, so as to ensure the right approach along the walls. To fix it, a suitable adhesive must be used to match the quality of the carpet used and it will be applied with a notched trowel.
- Carefully care for alignment while unrolling the strip, without pressing it; it must be pressed only after having ascertained that it adheres to the edges of the area to be covered.
- It will also be advisable to place a wooden board on it and tap it with a mallet, so that the cover fits well.
- If necessary, cut the excess carpet around the edges of the floor and in case you need to place two edges together.
- Provide them to overlap them slightly before making a longitudinal incision at the center of the overlap, so that the edges can then turn out to be completely matching. The skirting board can be fixed when at least 5 hours have elapsed since the bonding.
- If you prefer to use double-sided adhesive tape for gluing, spread it on the floor in order to obtain a reticle.
- Have the carpet adhere with a wooden mallet.
Various types of carpet
There are many types of carpet, suitable for different environments and therefore, it is first of all essential to evaluate the choice according to personal needs and tastes. p>
In general, the carpet consists of a support (rubber latex, jute, synthetic material, etc.) in which different types of yarns are inserted, both synthetic and natural, creating a sort of thin and resistant large rug. Depending on the type of texture and finish, the carpet may be more suitable for environments with high pedestrian or low walk and more comfort.