The structures that support the roofs of buildings are made with the most diverse materials and techniques. Let's see the most common together.
- Wood and laminated wood
- CLS reinforced concrete
- Stone (eg trulli) and bricks
- Ordinance of wooden beams and / or lamellar wood
- Slabs joists and cast-in-place castings
- Prefabricated elements
- Beams and steel structures
- Brick or stone vaults
A traditional form of roof construction is that of using trusses. The beams placed in this way allow you to cover a greater light (distance) to the roof without using intermediate support points.
Even long truss structures are installed today, in these cases lamellar wood is used.
The parts that make up a truss have specific names, each one covering a specific function.
- Chain, stretched section, sometimes can be made with metal pulls li>
- Monaco, vertical element on which the roof ridge rests
- Lightning, stiffen the truss structure
- Strut, inclined beam on which purlins are fixed.
- Arcarecci, joists joining the trusses
- Panel or Beads, creates the base of support for the cover package above.