A traditional form of roof construction is that of using trusses. The beams placed in this way allow you to cover a greater light (distance) to the roof without using intermediate support points.
Even long truss structures are installed today, in these cases lamellar wood is used.
The parts that make up a truss have specific names, each one covering a specific function.
- Chain, stretched section, sometimes can be made with metal pulls li>
- Monaco, vertical element on which the roof ridge rests
- Lightning, stiffen the truss structure
- Strut, inclined beam on which purlins are fixed.
- Arcarecci, joists joining the trusses
- Panel or Beads, creates the base of support for the cover package above.