Portobello mushrooms can be found in maxi format and are very suitable as a side dish for meat, they are often used to make stuffed mushrooms.
In this case we preferred to cook them on the grill, so while the meat sizzles on the bbq we can prepare the mushrooms.
To prepare Chimichurri sauce, see the ingredients at the bottom of the article.
- First we take our mushrooms and clean them well from any earth residues, then prepare the plate, which is very hot and grease it lightly with butter.
- At this point, place the mushroom on the plate with the stem facing up and let it cook for a few moments, pour a little hot water around the mushroom and cover everything with a metal pan in order to retain the steam.
- Wait about 5 minutes then uncover and cut the stem with a knife and place it next to the cap.
- Put some more hot water around the mushroom and cover again and wait another 5 minutes.
- Season with plenty of Chimichurri sauce (pronounced cimiciurri)
- Hello, very simple isn't it?
To prepare the Chimichurri sauce, combine the following ingredients in doses of your choice:
- Strong paprika
- Black pepper
You'll get a seasoning bomb, which is also used in Argentina and Chile to marinate meat.