If you use an emulsion with a clear varnish as a base layer, you should use a water-based paint.
If you use a colored transparent surface layer instead, the base coat must be an eggshell paint.
- Spreads the base paint depending on the type of surface paint you want to use
- Let the bottom dry
- Apply the surface color with the brush
- Wrap a cloth and dab the area with the paint still fresh
- When the rag is impregnated with paint, replace it
- Start from the corners so the paint does not build up
Remember to replace them when they get too wet.
Always use rags of the same type because changing the type of fabric the effect on the wall will change a lot.