How to choose the new appliance considering all the main aspects?
- The most common types are undoubtedly the electric broom and the tow vacuum cleaner. The electric broom is a very agile and handy tool, which is well suited to homes full of furniture and hard to reach spaces, to wooden floors and curtains, and is easy to store. Many models are cordless, so having no wires, they become practical to carry for those who have a house on several floors. However, the dust container is smaller than other types of vacuum cleaners, so the purchase of an electric broom should be carefully considered if the house to be cleaned is very large. Very often the electric broom has a very low energy consumption.
- The trailed aspirator instead consists of a hose with a suction brush connected to an oval container that can be towed around the house thanks to the presence of wheels.
It is quite light but slightly more difficult to transport than the electric broom, especially in the case of stairs in the house, since you have to drag the container. It is therefore important to choose the appliance model based on the size of the wheels: a compact model is usually smaller and more agile, less powerful and often with small wheels to keep the dimensions of the product contained.
If we have a house with many obstacles (carpets, cables, toys), the large wheels are advantageous, which despite the larger footprint are able to climb over any object more easily. The tow type often has a strong suction capacity (which often also means greater electrical consumption) and in most cases it has a much higher capacity than electric brooms, which makes it suitable for very large homes. P >
In general, tow vacuum cleaners are equipped with a kit of brushes for cleaning different objects inside the house, such as carpets, curtains and textile coverings, and with the appropriate nozzles and the telescopic tube they reach even the most difficult.
Both in the electric brooms and in the vacuum cleaners we find different dirt collection systems. Among the most popular are those:
- With bag, usually made of paper.
- With reservoir, often made of plastic.
- With ground discharge, centralized system. Very rare type that convey the powder in large containers.
The bagless vacuum cleaner is usually of the cyclonic type, but it can also be steam or water, the latter particularly suitable for allergy sufferers, as they can eliminate 90% of mites.